The faucet- tapping out endlessly into a teacup, or maybe it's a cereal bowl.
I have got to believe good things are on their way.
In spite of myself, and my happy soul, I gave in.
February wins.
The air was thick with moisture tonight, and when this happens I miss someone.
No one in particular- just someone.
Walking down my street, I saw a couple kissing.
He had her pressed up against the wall of the Retina Center.
Funny.
If it had been during office hours, the owners of faulty eyes may have been confused.
Or maybe the lovers would have been just as hidden as they were tonight.
From the window I am facing, I see the downcast stare of the adjacent parking lot's lamp.
The two lights are haloed in mist, and I wonder if anyone can see me through this window.
Tonight the voyeur would not be pleased.
Not much action here...
My head bobs above the sill, and my eyes shift from screen to keyboard.
I never learned how to type properly.
Pick another window, buddy.
I once wrote a note to myself-
You are fine.
So with that in mind, I will chuckle, and the bubble in my chest will momentarily release.
Maybe I'll say it's a balloon.
In that case, I can imagine it's from a tiny clown, and hope he never finds his way out.
No comments:
Post a Comment