I want to share the things that spark my interest!

Exhibition of Soliloquy VII by Sam Taylor-Wood. She is my all-time favorite!

Group viewing Five Revolutionary Seconds XI by Sam Taylor-Wood.
A 360-degree/5-second exposure. The ambient sound in the room was recorded during that 5 seconds, and is played in a loop during the exhibition. These shots are huge and immaculate.
In addition to shooting the album cover, Sam also directed this video for the first single from Songs from the West Coast by Elton John (2001). The confronting, awkward video stars a recently "clean" Robert Downey, Jr.. He knows this feeling. I think he was a perfect choice. This is subtle-solid gold in my eyes. The message of the song is moving, the vast and empty location is incredible (as well as symbolic), and it was filmed in ONE continuous shot.
That's all we get, right?
I am truly sorry for the stupid ad in the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment